The Advent study begins on December 1.
I encourage you to take some extra time before that start date to carefully go through the Introduction resources found on pages 8-25 of our "Just as He Promised" study book. I believe that this supplemental information and encouragement will help to prepare you for the Advent study and help you get more out of it.
Do we need to prepare to start this study? Well, there is no such requirement. I do believe, however, that there are very good reasons to prepare.
The most basic reason to prepare is for our hearts. Our lives are full of the worries and cares of the world (Mark 4:19). Even our good pursuits are all tainted with our sinfulness (Isaiah 64:6).
It is therefore a sweet privilege to turn our hearts to the Lord and cry out:
- Unite my heart to fear Your name. (Psalm 86:11)
- Help me to seek You with all of my heart and not wander from Your Word. (Psalm 119:10)
- Renew my mind that I may know what Your good, acceptable, and perfect will is. (Romans 12:2)
- Open the eyes of my heart to more fully understand the hope, the glorious inheritance, and the out-of-this-world power found in You! (Ephesians 1:18-19)
The Introduction contains a chunk on the "Intertestamental Period". Very helpful background information as we prepare to study the birth of Christ. If you don't have the time to read the whole section, page 17 provides a good summary.
Friends, as I go through these pages I am praying that all of us will gain insight, and be drawn in a powerful, special way to the heart of the Christmas story. ❤
No comments:
Post a Comment